Votre panier est actuellement vide !
Join a dynamic and professional team
Goal of the post
Under the administrative supervision of the Director General and the functional supervision of the Financial Treasurer-Controller, he or she develops and manages the accounting and financial processes at ÉMC.
Manage all of EMC’s accounting and financial transactions, including:
- Keep the books (newspapers, ledgers) up to date in the organization’s accounting software;
- Make the imputations of the accounting documents and enter them into the accounting software before classifying them in a chronological and numerical order validated by the Financial Controller;
- Produce periodic financial statements according to accounting standards and/or the needs of funders or according to the requirements of the Branch and/or Board of Directors.
- Track regions’ activities and provide the right performance indicators in a timely manner;
- Manage the expense payment process (order, billing, payment) and ensure that supporting documents are consistent with expenses incurred, approved by the Branch, before being classified in the correct order;
- Track bank accounts and ensure that balances are fair and verifiable, especially through the monthly bank reconciliation statements validated by the financial controller;
- Check and confirm expense statements submitted by employees and volunteers, and submit them for approval by the Director-General before payment;
- Manage financial activities with different suppliers and communicate with the various coordinators to ensure that delivery schedules are met;
- Manage ÉMC’s taxation to ensure compliance with tax laws and the production of tax reports on time in the required form.
- Manage payroll and related social implications (direct deposit, withholding tax, payment of contributions, production of tax slips, holidays, holidays, etc.);
- Manage the entire cashing process, keep appropriate records and issue receipts for donations, grants, registrations for activities, sponsorships or other cash receipts from the organization;
- Manage the timelines of accounts receivable and accounts receivable and make raises if necessary;
- Participate in the process of developing project, program and activity budgets by providing the necessary history for decision-making and developing appropriate submission reports for board approval.
- Participate in the process of assessing financial performance at the end of projects and activities on a schedule determined by the Branch;
- Produce general, specific and/or individual financial reports at the request of the Branch and/or The Board of Directors as required and on a timetable approved by the Branch.
- Please meet the legal, administrative and financial deadlines regarding the Organization’s operations with its external and internal partners.
- Check the holding of the small cash register and ensure that it is stocked and that cash balances are available and sufficient for operational needs according to internal policies;
- Attend executive committee meetings and other meetings on behalf of ÉMC as required by the service;
- Attend community meetings if necessary;
- Play the role of contact person in the event of an external audit and financial audit of the organization
- Perform any other duties related to his duties at the request of the Director General and/or the Financial Controller.
We are looking for someone who is dedicated to community causes and who is comfortable in an educational and school environment with the following specific qualities:
- Graduating in accounting;
- Have a minimum of 2 years of accounting experience with a non-profit organization; (experience gained in a company or accounting office could be considered)
- Mastery of computer tools and applications relevant to its functions: Google drive, Suite Office, Quick books online and desktop (or any other accounting software);
- Bilingual (French and English) – French as the first language would be an important asset
- Very good sense of leadership and organization;
- Autonomous in the performance of his duties, with an easy sense of communication;
- Able to work under pressure, as a team and in an unsupervised environment
- Residing in Windsor, ON or agreeing to relocate if recruited
- Able to provide volunteer organizational services
- Opportunity to travel to the program’s activities regions across Canada
- Compensation based on profile and qualifications;
- Recognition at the Grand Gala hosted by Spelling Bee of Canada and Epelle-Moi Canada;
- Creating a broad networking (communities, organizations… etc.);
- Reimbursement of transportation and other approved expenses for projects and activities.
- Schedule: variable and flexible;
- Workplace: Windsor, Ontario – office and home work opportunities.
If you are interested, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2020 –
Only selected candidates will be contacted
A written and practical test could be administered.